becoming well-traveled

I think I have no "place" home. Home is people and where you work well. I have homes everywhere and many I have not seen yet. That is perhaps why I am restless. I haven't seen all of my homes. - John Steinbeck

Sunday, February 12, 2006

which will it be?

This weekend has been alternatingly super-busy and insanely dull. On Saturday, I got moved into the Doubletree Hotel, where the rest of the Berlin Thunder and I will live until March 6. It's a decent place, and I have my own room with a king-size bed. This is very exciting to me because it means I can sleep without my feet hanging off the end of the bed.

Once I got to my hotel, I had to facilitate a phot shoot with one of our players. That ended at about 3:30 and was my last reponsibility for almost 24 hours. That would be nice, except that I have no car and (thanks to some botched planning--not by me) no internet. With some internet, I could've gotten much important and time-sensitve work done. Alas, that was not the case.

Today, we had hundreds of players arriving, so I spent about 3-9 p.m. meeting and greeting them, during which time the internet dilemma was solved. So, now that I have internet, I'm not doing research... I'm doing this.

At any rate, tomorrow begins passing camp, which will last two days. In the meantime, I'll also be finishing the research I ought to be doing right now. On Wednesday, the full-fledged, two-a-day training camp starts. So that means two hard-hitting practices each day in which I'll be required to stand there and watch other guys do all the hard hitting. No wonder they're the ones making the good money.

Anyways, we'll be flying to Berlin March 6-7, so I'll have about three weeks left here in Tampa.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home