becoming well-traveled

I think I have no "place" home. Home is people and where you work well. I have homes everywhere and many I have not seen yet. That is perhaps why I am restless. I haven't seen all of my homes. - John Steinbeck

Saturday, January 14, 2006

jobs, jobs, jobs

As you know, I'm getting very close to leaving for the NFL Europe season. What's notably up in the air is what exactly I'll be doing and where I'll be living upon my return to the States. By mid-February or so, I should know whether I'll have an opportunity to stay with the Browns on a more permanent basis. In the meantime, I've been making other contacts for other possible landing spots should the Cleveland deal not work out. And--let's face it--as much as I want a full-time job, I wouldn't exactly be torn up about leaving the city of Cleveland. Plus, as much as I want some sort of stability (geographically, financially, etc.), I can't shake the desire to live in as many places as I can and see as much of the world as I possibly can.

5 Comments:

At 1/14/2006 1:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can relate to feeling the tension of wanting some sort of stability yet wanting to get as much of this desire to see the world out of your system before you’re forced to “settle down”. The conclusion I’ve come to: who needs stability when you’re twenty two years old?

My reasoning is probably quite different than yours. I was using stability as an excuse for not doing anything with my life whereas you’ve already gone out and done something at least. But really, this is the prime time of our lives to go and see the world and such, so why not embrace it? My new kick is that I want to move to Thailand. And while you’re probably thinking that this will eventually go to the wayside along with my whole planner scheme, it won’t. Trust me.

I hope you have a great time in Europe…I think it was Germany but frankly I don’t remember and am too lazy to check. Once there it will be much easier to go and see other places in Europe, and I urge you to see some of Spain, if just Madrid and Barcelona. Especially if you’re into art which, once again, I can’t remember if you are or not.

Safe travels!
Rachel K.

 
At 1/14/2006 5:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

denver! you must go see the world! you must live in a different city each and every year! and this is why: when you actually achieve stability, you will STILL want to do that and then you're stuck because once you're stable it's hard to go back so do it! that's what i was going to do before i became all stable and midwestern so you must heed my advice. i know what i'm talking about =) i mean, i like being stable, but if we could have done things differently, we would have enjoyed being unstable for awhile.

 
At 1/17/2006 6:20 PM, Blogger Denver Parler said...

No.

 
At 1/18/2006 4:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Travel while you can. You're young, enjoy the world while it's at your fintertips, rather than at the end of your cane. I luv ya and miss ya no matter where you go and I'll always think of you in my prayers. Best of luck denvo.

 
At 1/20/2006 10:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I, for one, DO have enough interest to follow what goes on in your life! Consequently, you can count on the fact that I have book-marked your blog and will be a regular reader. If for no other reason than it's a hell of a lot more interesting than just going back and reading my OWN all the time!

PS - When you get that coaching gig, make it somewhere in warmer climates near the beach.... then hire me as the team's WATERBOY! I could do it... really... don't doubt me!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home