becoming well-traveled

I think I have no "place" home. Home is people and where you work well. I have homes everywhere and many I have not seen yet. That is perhaps why I am restless. I haven't seen all of my homes. - John Steinbeck

Thursday, February 09, 2006

i had to look this up

sun - n.
the luminous celestial body around which the earth and other planets revolve, from which they receive heat and light, and which has a mean distance from earth of 93,000,000 miles (150,000,000 kilometers), a linear diameter of 864,000 miles (1,390,000 kilometers), a mass 332,000 times greater than earth, and a mean density about one fourth that of earth

For the first time in what seems like years (but was more like a month), I was out in the sun today. I responded by putting on a pair of flip-flops and walking outside for about 10 minutes. That was about the only break I had in an 11+ hour day.

It's good to be back at work. I love the buzz in the air just as the season's about to begin. I met four of our German players and the head coach today. The coach is an old school guy, so I think we'll get along well. The players were really down to earth and laid back, too.

Staff meetings and the first American players' arrival are on the docket for tomorrow, so it should be good.

Comment!

2 Comments:

At 2/10/2006 1:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Flip flops? I'm jealous.

 
At 2/10/2006 2:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Life's a BEACH, Son! Learn it now... Live it long...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home