becoming well-traveled

I think I have no "place" home. Home is people and where you work well. I have homes everywhere and many I have not seen yet. That is perhaps why I am restless. I haven't seen all of my homes. - John Steinbeck

Thursday, February 02, 2006

six days to sun

My time in Grand Rapids is now about half over. It's been relaxing and productive. I've seen several friends and whatnot.

How many times can I say I'm excited for Tampa? It feels like I've said that about 100 times over the last few days (because everyone I talk to asks).

One of the highlights of being in GR has been watching the State of the Union address with the Hatch and the Dod... nothing can substitute being around like-minded friends for such an event.

I think my second favorite part of the address was when the Democrats gave a standing ovation to W's comment that Senate hadn't acted on his Social Security proposal. My favorite part was the expression on Hillary's face just after W's quip about two of his dad's favorite people: "Me and President Clinton." Pure comedy gold.

That's all for now.

2 Comments:

At 2/06/2006 6:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

did the leftist baptist boys play the state of the union drinking game which has become "it" for the time of George W's presidency?
- Megan

 
At 2/08/2006 10:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

denver, where art thou now? i found some things in the glove box of my car that are yours and it would make you laugh so i need to send them to you (and no i haven't cleaned that out since 2 years ago) do you have an address? email me!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home