becoming well-traveled

I think I have no "place" home. Home is people and where you work well. I have homes everywhere and many I have not seen yet. That is perhaps why I am restless. I haven't seen all of my homes. - John Steinbeck

Friday, February 10, 2006

barely coherent

After diving straight in for two very full days, I'm feeling a bit out of sorts. Nothing bad, just a lot to take in and do. It might be "training camp" for the players, but the PR guys have nothing resembling training--it's more like "thrown in off the deep end camp" for us. Doesn't quite roll off the tongue as nicely. Oh well.

Yesterday, I mentioned I met some of the German players. What I didn't mention was that I met them because I was furiously trying to gather them all for a photo shoot. All I had was a list of four names--no pictures, not even their daily schedule, nothing to help me find or recognize them. At any rate, after getting as stressed as I get, I finally got them all together. The result is a short story on the Thunder website with a photo from the shoot. Here's the link: http://www.berlin-thunder.de/home.asp?nid=411
Let me know if you can read it because I sure can't.

We began welcoming American players today, and most were pretty friendly. They're much easier to deal with than many NFL players, so that's a bonus.

I'm tired.

2 Comments:

At 2/11/2006 2:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you should end every post with 'Comment!' that amused me. i have a story about our flight to seattle a few weeks ago...we definitely sat on the plane for 3 hours while they decided whether or not we could even take off due to weather...but 3 hours, 2 de-icings, 3 magazines later, we settled in for our 4 hour flight to seattle. it sucked. i never want to fly again. =) it's so fun to hear what you are up to and have fun, k!

 
At 2/12/2006 10:12 PM, Blogger Denver Parler said...

Mostly they just give me swirlies, now. They aren't good enough to get away with wedgies.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home