becoming well-traveled

I think I have no "place" home. Home is people and where you work well. I have homes everywhere and many I have not seen yet. That is perhaps why I am restless. I haven't seen all of my homes. - John Steinbeck

Sunday, January 01, 2006

new year, new blog

I've long said that I wouldn't blog for one simple reason: I'm not naive enough to think that many people are really dying to know what's going on in my day-to-day life. However, as I'll be embarking on extended travels beginning in about a month or so, blogging will be the most effective way to maintain contact with the greatest number of people. Plus, I think my day-to-day life while I travel will be a little more exciting reading than usual. At least that's my hope.

I'll still be here in Cleveland until late January finishing up work with the Browns. I'll head back to GR for a week and a half or so before leaving for Tampa, Florida, on February 8, where I'll spend about a month working training camp. Early March, I'll fly to Berlin, where I'll live in a hotel with the rest of the Berlin Thunder for the duration of the NFL Europe season (until late May). While there, I'll be traveling with the team all over Germany and will make one trip into Amsterdam. At the end of the season, I'm hoping to see a little bit more of Europe before returning home (wherever that will be).

In the meantime, I'll just be preparing for the whole experience while wrapping up loose ends here in Cleveland.

Happy New Year.

5 Comments:

At 1/01/2006 3:06 PM, Blogger Evan said...

horray! by the way you'll want to go to comments and make it so anyone can comment, not just registered users.

 
At 1/01/2006 8:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i knew you'd cave ;)

 
At 1/04/2006 11:03 AM, Blogger Evan said...

I have no idea how to put a picture on a blog. Buddy did mine for me. good luck

 
At 1/05/2006 2:10 PM, Blogger Denver Parler said...

Yes, I'm sure I won't have much to say between now and when things get exciting next month. In the meantime, if I were to write about what's going on, it would be like, "Well, I sat at my desk for 8 hours and wondered what to do for 7 of them." That's not exciting for you or me. Yet I will keep this updated with any new news and such. I can't wait till the 4th. It should be a good North Division clash.

 
At 1/06/2006 4:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

baba ganoush,
you will call me when you are back in GR in a few weeks. this is why: we will hang out and laugh and skip and frolic and fly model airplanes and eat celery and make farm animals out of play-dough. it will be a festive occasion and i can't wait!

i like the blog btw.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home