becoming well-traveled

I think I have no "place" home. Home is people and where you work well. I have homes everywhere and many I have not seen yet. That is perhaps why I am restless. I haven't seen all of my homes. - John Steinbeck

Thursday, March 02, 2006

warning: this post mentions rammstein

Now, I like football as much as anyone (obviously). Slowly, I may even be learning to appreciate the finer points of the game. But, seriously, watching practice for four hours every single day but Sunday is getting a little ridiculous. Let's just say I'm ready for training camp to wrap up and get on with the season. Fortunately, we have just one practice day and one scrimmage day remaining. We'll have Sunday off and depart for Germany on Monday.

I'll certainly miss the nice Tampa weather. To be honest, though, my enjoyment of said weather has been limited to standing outside watching practice. If I'm lucky, perhaps I'll get to go to a beach this Sunday, but that's no guarantee. The whole not-having-a-car thing really throws a wrench into trying to have fun some days.

By the way, anyone wishing to speak with me before I leave should call by Saturday afternoon. Either Saturday or Sunday, the cell phone goes into a FedEx envelope back to the fam. Just don't call during The Office tonight. I won't answer.

Now, on to the Rammstein mention. Each NFL Europe team has a security rep who is from the team's city. Generally, they are former policemen, but Berlin's is a former military man and professional bodyguard. Not like the chump at The Orbit Room with "Security" on his shirt, but more like a personal protector for people in danger of physical harm/aggression. Anyways, when he's not on assignment, he'll provide security for large concerts. I asked him whose concerts, and he revealed that he's been on staff at four Rammstein concerts. Four Rammstein concerts! That pretty much made my day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home