becoming well-traveled

I think I have no "place" home. Home is people and where you work well. I have homes everywhere and many I have not seen yet. That is perhaps why I am restless. I haven't seen all of my homes. - John Steinbeck

Friday, February 17, 2006

on having four bosses in three different countries and the ensuing frustration when communication is less than effective

This is like one of those old poems where the title tells you what it's about, so you don't really feel the need to read any further. There's a Billy Collins poem about that, too. Anyways, I have four bosses--three with NFL Europe and one with the Berlin Thunder. Currently, two are in Tampa, one in London and one in Berlin.

I spend 7:15-1:30 every day out at practice. It's nice and sunny, but there's not a whole lot to do for me there aside from just being there to make sure everything's OK for everyone. In the meantime, emails from all my bosses pile up for me to spend the rest of the day addressing. Sometimes, they contain such messages as "I need this story written by 5:00." As mentioned above, I don't get these until 1:30, so then I get to frantically track down players and coaches for interviews and write like mad. It's not the most fun part of my job.

So there's my first blog rant.

Everything is still going well. I'm still sunburned and glad about it. I won't bother posting a link every time I get a story on the website because it'll be about four times a week (at least) from here on out.

So here's the team page:
http://www.nfleurope.com/teams/BER
Basically, everything posted on here for the next few months will be my work. I'm even the ghostwriter for the player diary (Shhhh...). So enjoy it if you want to. I won't go link crazy posting these things, even though I know everyone is super-interested in NFL Europe.

This is a very scattered post, appropriately, as that's the state I'm in right now. I miss everyone!

Comment!

1 Comments:

At 2/20/2006 7:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

congrats on your first blog rant =) and enjoy being sunburned...i managed to survive the ski trip last friday =) lata!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home