becoming well-traveled

I think I have no "place" home. Home is people and where you work well. I have homes everywhere and many I have not seen yet. That is perhaps why I am restless. I haven't seen all of my homes. - John Steinbeck

Monday, February 20, 2006

no incredibly witty title this time

Things are going considerably better today than when I ranted the other day. Tomorrow will be our first scrimmage against another team--the Amsterdam Admirals, in this case. It'll be nice because it means just one practice plus an extra hour of sleep.

We're really in the dog days of camp right now. The days are kind of running together as we have basically the same schedule every day. So tomorrow will be a nice change of pace.

Tonight, I went out into the jacuzzi and pool in the courtyard and just hung out for about two hours. It was super nice out and the pool was fantastic! One of the equipment guys who's from Germany was also out there, too. It was cool just chatting and hearing his perspective on lots of different things. This is his first trip to the USA. I'm definitely meeting some interesting people here--in both the good and bad senses of "interesting." I would expound, but I don't want to write about someone and have them stumble across it. That would be awkward.

Peace, friends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home