becoming well-traveled

I think I have no "place" home. Home is people and where you work well. I have homes everywhere and many I have not seen yet. That is perhaps why I am restless. I haven't seen all of my homes. - John Steinbeck

Thursday, October 12, 2006

hug it out, bitch

Once again, much too much time has passed since I last updated. Not surprisingly, very little has changed in the meantime, which is probably a contributing factor to the sparing occurence of my actually sitting down to write something.

Work continues to be, well, work. Long hours, long days broken up by the occasional football game (which also means another long day of work). So I work and sleep and talk to my imaginary friend who lives in the corner of my walk-through closet.

I watch a lot of That '70s Show and the baseball playoffs (Tigers up 2-0 in the ALCS???), so in some ways it feels similar to what I've always done, only flying solo. Is it bad if a main highlight of one's week is watching The Office? I hope not.

Oh, how I miss getting grab and go dinner and watching the 5-7 -- and eventually the 4-9 -- in V.O. Except the part where I was on crutches for a month. Buddy and I used to be be able to quote every Subway commercial that ran in Grand Rapids ("Looks like you're on your way to work..."). There was something magical about doing nothing but watch television the entire week before finals and then pull a 4.0.

By next weekend, my time in Colorado will be roughly half over. It's a tough guess as to when the actual halfway point is since the duration of my job depends on how deep the team plays into the postseason. My lease runs out on January 21, so I may have to literally live at the office for a couple weeks if we go far (rather than just figuratively, as I do now).

So, though I feel like I've only just arrived here, the time has already come to re-evaluate and figure out what's next. Your guess is as good as mine. Should be interesting...

2 Comments:

At 10/12/2006 9:09 PM, Blogger her said...

hug it out! last weeks was hilarious!

 
At 11/20/2006 8:43 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Yeah, Subway!

That was the kick-ass-est semester ever. Especially the last night of the semester when we bought giant cans of Budweiser and fell asleep watching the Matrix. And scrambled to hide the "beer" every time a freshman knocked on the door. Man, that's going in the book.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home