becoming well-traveled

I think I have no "place" home. Home is people and where you work well. I have homes everywhere and many I have not seen yet. That is perhaps why I am restless. I haven't seen all of my homes. - John Steinbeck

Saturday, May 20, 2006

one and done

Well, I suppose it’s time for one last update before I go under the radar for awhile. Tonight is our final game of the season, and tomorrow everyone will head out of Berlin. Mostly everyone will head to Frankfurt and fly out on Monday.

But I’ll be hopping on a different train and cruising on down to Düsseldorf for the week. Next Saturday is the World Bowl, so I’ll be down there until the following Sunday (the 28th).

That day, I’ll head out for Paris and begin my two weeks going hostel-hopping across several countries. The amount of time I’ve spent preparing for a two-week trip is unbelievable. I’m hoping it all results in a relaxing and interesting time, which I’m sure it will.

I’ll hopefully be able to post once or twice from the road, though I won’t be able to post pictures until I’m back. I’m definitely not lugging my laptop all over the countryside.

I definitely am looking forward to the season being over and having the chance to just chill. Still, I’ve got mixed emotions about leaving. I’ve been around the same people every day for the last three-plus months, and all of a sudden everyone will be gone. I anticipate going through a little shock because of that.

Anyways, keep checking back now and then because I’ll be updating when I can. Obviously I won’t spend a ton of time on the internet while I’m traveling, but I’ll update when I have the chance.

Later, friends.

2 Comments:

At 5/21/2006 1:41 PM, Blogger her said...

happy trailllls to you...have a blast! you're so lucky!

 
At 5/21/2006 1:47 PM, Blogger her said...

oh and don't listen to those haters about alabama...it's fun, vist i say. ok i'm going to the pool now since it's 86 degrees! (can't get that in IL today) ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home