becoming well-traveled

I think I have no "place" home. Home is people and where you work well. I have homes everywhere and many I have not seen yet. That is perhaps why I am restless. I haven't seen all of my homes. - John Steinbeck

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

i'm in a glass case of emotion

It’s really been quite some time since I’ve written anything, the reason being that nothing newsworthy has really happened.

We’ve lost our last two games on last-second field goals, thereby eliminating our team from postseason contention with three games yet to play. Let’s just say that makes motivation a challenge for everyone. On the locker room wall, the players have a countdown until the season is over with the message “Thank you Jesus” written below.

When a team is totally out of it, funny things start to happen. I’ve had some very enlightening conversations over the past few days with players and assistant coaches. It’s pretty interesting insight into the goings on of a pro sports team.

Our final game is May 20th, and then the championship game is the 27th. I’ll be over in Düsseldorf the 21st through the 28th to help out working the World Bowl. After that, my solo European backpacking experience will begin.

I’ll be making the rounds for two weeks before returning to Berlin for a couple days to hang out with my coworkers here and get my luggage together for the trip home. I’m really looking forward to getting home, but I think the vacation will still be well worth it.

I still have no job for when I get back to the States, so that’s causing a little stress. Also, my car crapped out over the weekend. That makes four cars in the last two and a half years, for those of you scoring at home. Automobiles hate me.

So at this rate, I’ll arrive home with no job, no car and no money. It’s quite the trifecta, I know. I’ve worked very hard to accomplish the feat, and you should all be very jealous of me.

It’s half past midnight, so I’m tired and cranky. I’ll update any of these situations if anything happens. I’ll also continue to whine about them if nothing happens.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home